Friday, February 14, 2014

Creative Personality

"You're so creative"

It's a phrase that I hear a lot - especially from my friends who claim to not be crafty or creative at all. I truly do love creating whether is be sewing, scrapbooking or my latest addiction crochet!...but sometimes that phrase throws me a bit as I wonder if it's said with love or with a gritted teeth smile.

http://www.bosromania.ro/en/creative-en/

I don't mean to be the mum who hand makes most of her kids clothes, or presents for birthday parties. I don't mean to be the mum who makes a birthday card or invitation. I don't mean to be the mum who looks at a $500 cushion in a designer boutique and thinks "I could do that for much less"...I just am that person- call it creative...call it inspired...call it talented if you like (or even call it not wanting to spend $100's of dollars on things that I don't believe are made as well as I could do in my own home)...but please don't make it sound like a put down.

I don't think people realise that sometimes being so creative is actually a little stressful and frustrating.  As you're the person that is called upon to come up with ideas...or solve a problem! You're the one that gets volunteered to do the school play costumes...or repair the football team jerseys as 'you're so creative and I know you love to sew'.
http://www.logobliss.com/logo-inspiration/creative-mind/

What people fail to understand is that sometimes my head is so full of things I want to do, patterns I want to try etc that I find it hard to focus on one particular idea. My biggest issue is I hate having half finished projects lying around...but I also get bored sometimes halfway through a concept so it's not always finished with the same love and attention that it started with...this is my creative process though. Anyway...I digress:


I do believe everyone has a creative side - it may not all flow in the same direction but I do think it's there.  You see I can sew - I'm pretty confident I could sew almost anything you asked me to...but I can't draw! I would love to draw and I think I could learn to be better, but I'll never be that person who can look at something and just let it flow back out of them on paper.  It's okay though as the direction of my creative flow goes towards sewing...and fabrics...and now wool.

http://innerknockings.blogspot.com.au/2010/07/creative-mind.html

So I suppose my little rant is all to say...Thankyou, yes I am a creative person and I embrace it fully but I do think everyone can be creative too- it's a matter of  finding your creative flow.




1 comment:

  1. I so agree about your head being full of so many things you want to do, fabric you want to put together in just that combination, that pattern you want to try...

    ReplyDelete